Located just 6 miles Northwest of Boston, Watertown was founded in 1630. Watertown was the first inland settlement in Massachusetts and initially encompassed the present communities of Weston, Waltham and large sections of Lincoln, Belmont, and Cambridge -thus becoming one of the largest American settlements of its time. Watertown is noted as the home of Star Market, a chain of local grocery stores known to many in the Greater Boston area. Today Watertown is rich in ethnic diversity and culture, boasts a high level of citizen involvement and many amenities such as shopping malls, swimming pools, country and tennis clubs, skating rinks, and eleven fine parks.
Find a home in Watertown MA.
Watertown High School was ranked #101 by Boston Magazine in 2014. There are 8 K-12 schools in Watertown, MA, including 5 public schools and 3 private schools. For a complete description of school scores, visit education.com.
- The Watertown Children's Theatre - Musicals and more from our local theatrical prodigies
- Arsenal Center for the Arts - A community arts center for aspiring artists and audiences
- Armenian Library and Museum of America
- New Repertory Theatre - A professional theatre company in the heart of Watertown
Dining & Shopping
- Casa De Pedro
- Stellina's - Comfy, cozy and always delicious
- Edamame - For great Habachi & Sushi
- Halfway Cafe - Good old fashioned pub food and the best part is the basket of popcorn upon arrival
- The Deluxe Town Diner - Diner food at its best
- Grappa - Ooooh soooo good, cozy, moderately priced
- Strip T's - For the best burger as voted by Boston Magazine
- Super Fusion Cuisine - The best of Japanese cuisine
- Cigar and Lounge - Is that appropriate? Not sure but its very popular
- Russo's - Fresh fruits and Veggies, bakery, ready made meals made on-site and the most diverse cheese display you've ever seen
- Fastachi Nuts & Gifts - For the nut lover
Parks And Recreation
- Charles River Walkway - A true gem of a place to relax and take a quiet walk or run, stop at the bridges and enjoy the wildlife