First settled in 1639, Reading was incorporated in 1644. Reading is located just 12 miles from downtown Boston, just a short 25-minute train ride from Reading's downtown. Reading has a small town feel and a strong sense of community. The town offers many recreational and cultural opportunities to its residents and supports a vibrant downtown where people can come, walk and enjoy the local cafes, restaurants and shops.
Find a home in Reading MA.
Reading High School was ranked #30 by Boston Magazine There are 10 K-12 schools in Reading, MA, including 8 public schools and 2 private schools. For a complete description of school scores, visit education.com.
- Jordan's IMAX Theatre - It's an experience like one other
Dining & Shopping
- Restaurant Pavarotti - Great dining place
- Fusion - Great place for breakfast or lunch
- Venetian Moon - It's like being in this beautiful Italian city
- Good Hearts - Children's clothing and accessories
Reading is located close to the junction of Interstate 93 and terstate 95/Massachusetts Route 128 o the north of Boston. Reading is also served by the Reading station on the MBTA'sHaverhill/Reading commuter rail line, which links the town to Boston's North Station.