Settled in 1630, Newton, Massachusetts is located just outside of Boston and is well known for its premier schools and exceptional historic homes. Newton is home to Boston College, Mt. Ida College and Lasell College. Newton's claim to fame is arguably the Boston Marathon's Heartbreak Hill which runs right up Commonwealth Avenue. Newton is also well known for its 13 distinctive villages. Auburndale, Chestnut Hill, Newton Centre, Newton Corner, Newton Highlands, Newton Lower Falls, Newton Upper Falls, Newtonville, Nonantum, Oak Hill, Thompsonville, Waban and West Newton.
Find a home in Newton MA.
Newton has been historically known for the quality of its school systems. Newton South High School was ranked #5 and Newton South High School was ranked #26 by Boston Magazine in 2014. There are 12 K-12 schools in Newton, MA, including 4 public schools and 8 private schools. There are 2 public high schools in Newton. For a complete description of school scores, visit education.com.
- West Newton Cinema - For a good old fashioned movie experience
Dining & Shopping
- Cook - Some of the best flat bread pizza around
- Brewer's Coalition - Good old fashioned pub food and awesome crab cakes
- Great Harvest Bread - Can't beat the free slice every time you visit and the cinnamon bread is the BEST
- Rancatore's - For the best home-made ice cream around
- Johnny's Luncheonette - Milk Shakes and omeletes, you can't beat em
- Buff's Pub - The best wings you'll ever savor. Cash only.
- George Howell Coffee
- Paddy's Pub
- Blue Ribbon BBQ - For the BBQ in the Northeast
- West Street Tavern & Restaurant
- Cabot's - The kind of ice cream experience you remember as a kid
- Lee's Burger Place - So good, they don't need a website
- Cafe St. Petersburg
- Union Street
- The Biltmore
- 4 Corners Pizza
- The Icing on the Cake - The most delectable custom cakes you taste buds can imagine
- The Silver Woman - For a gift or for yourself
- Mr. Sid - Fine Men's Clothing
- The Barn - A tucked away place that can easily be missed, you'll find everything you need for your feet and more
- Marty's Fine Wine - Not your average liquor store
- The Street - A great place to walk, shop, dine and take in a movie
Parks And Recreation
Newton is served by three modes of mass transit run by the MBTA: light rail, commuter rail, and bus service.