Belmont's first settler arrived in 1639. The town was found by 40 families who split from the Massachusetts Bay Colony. With easy access to the region's economic centers Belmont is known as "The Town of Homes" as it is primarily residential. However there is no shortage of things to do, places to shop or restaurants to try!
Find a home in Belmont MA.
The Belmont School system consists of six schools: four elementary schools, kindergarten through grade 4, Burbank School, Butler School, Wellington School, and Winn Brook School; the Chenery Middle School, grades 5 through 8; and Belmont High School, grades 9 through 12. There are also 6 private schools: 2 Day care and preschool, Adventures Preschool Children's Center and The Kendall School; 1 pre kindergarten through 8th grade, the Belmont Day School; 1 Special Education School, second grade - 12 grade,CNS/Pathways Academy; 2 High Schools Belmont Hill Schools (7th -12th grade) and Waldorf High School of Massachusetts Bay (9th -12th grade).
- Studio Cinema - One of the oldest single screen movie theaters in the US! They have tables and you can bring your own dinner or enjoy some of the delicious popcorn! Great for a family outing!
Dining & Shopping
- Il Casale - Italian in an upscale yet casual atmosphere. Located in a converted fire house. Has an gluten free menu and any pasta dishes can be prepared gluten free!
- Rancatore's Ice Cream and Yogurt - Wide array of rotating flavors so you never get bored! They also have elaborate ice cream cakes!
- The Loading Dock - An international bistro, cellar and kitchen. Serves breakfast, lunch, dinner and Sunday Brunch!
- Patou Thai - Very good, freshly prepared Thai food. Great lunch and dinner specials.
- My Other Kitchen - Enjoy some wonderful Greek food for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Great place to grab some take out!
- Bells & Whistles - An upscale gift shop.
- Westcott Mercantile - "A Modern General Store." Really unique gifts and crafts!
- Praline Artisanal Confections - The best macaroons! Also have sweet treats, chocolates and "tea time delights."
- Craft Beer Seller - Wide variety of craft beers and a knowledgable staff.
- The Toy Shop of Belmont - A family run toy store with a wide variety and quality toys.
Parks And Recreation
- Friends of Joey's Park - This place has the most incredible playground we've seen for kids. Built by the people of Belmont for the children of Belmont!
- Massachusetts Audubon Habitat Education Center & Wildlife Sanctuary - Locals just call it Habitat. Lots of walking trails and they have programs and classes for all ages!