Arlington, founded over 350 years ago, remains proud of its history, even as it has grown into a thoroughly modern community. The birthplace of Uncle Sam, the location of the first public children's library, and the site of most of the fighting when the British marched through it returning from the Old North Bridge at the start of the Revolutionary War, Arlington has preserved many of its historical buildings and even recreated its town common. Once a thriving agriculture and mill town, Arlington's excellent access to metropolitan Boston has made it a very desirable place to live.
Find a home in Arlington, MA.
Arlington ranks among one of the best school districts in Massachusetts. In fact, Arlington High School was ranked #33 by Boston Magazine in 2014. There are 17 K-12 schools in Arlington, MA, including 10 public schools and 7 private schools. For a complete description of school scores, visit education.com.
- Capitol Theater - Great spot for movies with Richardson's Ice Cream shop inside!
- Regent Theater - A great place for live entertainment
- Arlington Friends of the Drama
- ACA (Arlington Center for the Arts) - Shakespeare in The Park
Dining & Shopping
- Lakota Bakery - All they do is cookies and they're the best you'll ever have!
- Toraya or Mr. Sushi - Try it for the best sushi ever!
- Fresh Pond Seafood - Incredibly fresh fish to cook at home, great chowders and prepared meals to take-out
- Quebrada Bakery - All kinds of bakery treats. The blueberry coffee cake is dee-lish!
- The Madrona Tree - A local eatery
- The Menotomy Bar and Grill - For good food and live music
- Acitron Cocina Mexicana - Delicious Mexican family restaurant
- Scutra - Simple and sophisticated
- Kickstand Cafe - Coffee shop - homemade breakfast and lunch!
- The Fabric Corner - An old time fabric/sewing shop with a helpful and knowledgeable staff
- Henry Bears Park - Local toy shop that lets you explore, build and play!
Parks And Recreation
- Arlington Farmers Market - Every Wednesday from 2-6:30PM through October in the Arlington Center parking lot
- Minuteman Bikeway